Chanel Bronze Rosé

| 0 Comments


I have to say that the Chanel Summer 2011 collection, Collection Les Fleurs d'Eté de Chanel, did not wow me at first glance.  I'm not sure why as the promotion images are beautiful.


I only walked away with the Morning Rose nail varnish and Rose Platine when I saw the collection in person at Selfridges.  The sales associate did put Bronze Corail on me but it looked a bit too dark and muddy.

Fast forward to now.  Boots recently had a bonus point event where for every £30 you spent, you get £7.50 back in points.  I am a sucker for these bonus point events.  I didn't even really have anything that I needed to buy, but I felt like I had to buy something just to take advantage of the offer.

From the summer collections, it was either going to be the Diorskin Nude Glow in Aurora or the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Poudre Soleil 4 Lumières in Bronze Rose.  Aurora was sold out so Bronze Rose it was.

I think I did not originally look into these bronzers because I already have a few and don't really need anymore.  But I overlooked the fact that these summer collection bronzers (both Chanel & Dior) can be used more as a blush.


The first and third colours are shimmers, the second colour is an iridescent colour that reflects pink and the fourth colour is a matte powder pink.  These colours are designed to be used either singularly or in different combinations.  For example the first three shades can be used together as a bronzer, the first & third shade can be used as contour (the shimmer is subtle), the second can be used as highlight and fourth can be used as a pure pink blush.

left to right: all 4 shades, first, second, third & fourth

The brush included with the compact is not bad.  It's easy to pick up individual colours with this brush if you hold it longways.  Or you can pick up all colours at once.


I have been using for the last 2 days and I'm liking it so far.  The only gripe I have about this compact is that I almost don't want to use it because I don't want to mess up the stripes!

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...